Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble getting files to have upload_complete status (Read 5185 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble getting files to have upload_complete status

Hello,

I began using XCMS online about a week ago. I was able to upload some initial datasets into the program. However since last Wednesday March 27th I have been having trouble uploading the same datasets I had uploaded previously. Under the stored datasets tab under status it states the datasets are still "uploading", whereas the datasets I uplodaded previously have a status which says "upload_ complete". I have tried to upload a new dataset and receive the same "uploading" status. I was really looking forward to getting to use the XCMS online program for data analysis and I would greatly appreciate any help or tips on what may be causing this problem.

Re: Trouble getting files to have upload_complete status

Reply #1
We have problems reproducing this.

Which browser and java version are you using ?

Reply #2
I'm using Java version 7 Update 17 and Internet Explorer as my broswer(I'm not sure of the verison of Internet explorer).

Reply #3
Does the upload work for you if you use Firefox ?

Reply #4
I uploaded the data files into Firefox and it worked. Thank you!

Reply #5
Yes it looks like this problem is related to Internet Explorer, we are trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Please use Firefox or Chrome in the meantime. Some features, like the Javascript based cloud plot, work better and faster with these browsers anyway.