Skip to main content
Topic: many unexpected errors (Read 3103 times) previous topic - next topic

many unexpected errors

Hello,
Another new user to XCMS. I have uploaded several data sets and begun using XCMS to explore them. However beginning around 24 July and most of the day on 25 July I received many "unexpected error" messages at about 50% through the process. When I try to repeat an experiment with exactly the same settings as a previously successful processing I get this message as well.

Additionally when I examine my account status the pie chart seems to be broken as it states that 99% of my space is used by my results. This seems unlikely as they ammount to about 300 mb of zipped files.

Another point is that some of my data sets say "valid MD5" while others state "file read in correctly". Can you clarify this? Do I need to re-upload the data sets?

jacob

Re: many unexpected errors

Reply #1
Hi Jacob,

the storage calculation problems should be fixed by now and was (as well as the MD5 question) discussed in another thread.

I looked at the error messages of some of these older jobs and it seems that most of the errors were related to the fact that
only very few features were found in some of those samples.
Some jobs (e.g. 4210) failed because retention time correction could not be calculated there for some reason - I'll look into that.