Skip to main content
Topic: Installation of Xcalibur on Windows 10 laptop (Read 12267 times) previous topic - next topic

Installation of Xcalibur on Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Does anybody has experience trying to install Xcalibur software on a Windows 10 machine?
I run into DLL issues - the program wouldn't open or get deleted from the laptop without 'forceful' handling.
Are there any patches around to fix this?
It was the newest version 4.0.27 that I am trying to run....

Thanks for advice,

Justin

Re: Installation of Xcalibur on Windows 10 laptop

Reply #1
I know someone who had the same experience and they were advised that Windows 10 has not been tested thoroughly for Xcalibur, so it's not supported yet. That person went back to Windows 7 for the time being.

If anyone has a solution, please post! :-)

Reply #2
Update: we managed to reinstall Thermo Foundation from version 3. That seems to have solved it! :-) No more dll errors.

Reply #3
Hi,

Can it also be installed in a 64-bit Windows 10 machine? Thanks!

Reply #4
Yes, I have it installed on a Windows 64-bits machine!  :)

Reply #5
Hi, I have installed XCalibur 4.0 on Win10 machine and it cam with an error about missing mqrt.dll file.
I fixed it by enabling Windows Messaging Queuing (MSMQ):
Go to Control Panel, then go to "Programs and Features", then click on "Turn Windows features on or off", in the table find "Windows Message Queuing (MSMQ) Server". when you expand this selection you find two options, you need to select "Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) Server Core"
click OK, wait for it to finish saving the changes and try to open XCalibus again. you might need to restart your laptop

I hope this works on your machine!
Cheers