Skip to main content
Metabolomics Society Forum
Topic: Metabolite Identification with the Q Exactive and LTQ Orbitrap Training Course
(Read 249 times)
Joined: 24 October, 2016
Metabolite Identification with the Q Exactive and LTQ Orbitrap Training Course
January 09, 2018, 09:09:52 AM
: Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
: 16-17 April 2018 and 22-23 November 2018
: The course is aimed at PhD students and post-doctoral researchers
This 2-day course will provide a hands-on approach to teach the latest techniques and tools available to perform metabolite identification in non-targeted metabolomics studies. The course will provide significant hands-on experience of using the mass spectrometers (Q Exactive and LTQ Orbitrap mass spectrometry family), software tools and databases.
• Importance of mass spectral interpretation
• Conversion of raw data to molecular formula and putative metabolite annotations
• MS/MS experiments for on-line data acquisition using the QE (Data dependent acquisition and Data independent acquisition)
• MS/MS and MSn for sample fractions using the LTQ-Orbitrap
• Searching mass spectral libraries and tools for mass spectral interpretation
: A limited number of bursaries are available for PhD students funded by NERC.
For further information and registration details, please visit
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, University of Birmingham
powered by ElkArte 1.0.7
SimplePortal 1.0.0 Beta 1 © 2008-2014