Skip to main content
Metabolomics Society Forum
Topic: Postdoctoral position in Computational Metabolomics
(Read 187 times)
Joined: 09 June, 2017
Postdoctoral position in Computational Metabolomics
October 24, 2018, 05:08:31 AM
Eurac Research is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher in Computational Metabolomics
The Institute for Biomedicine is seeking a highly motivated researcher to join the Computational Metabolomics team.
The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institute for Biomedicine is running the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, a population-based study on cardiometabolic and neurological health of 13,000 general population subjects [Pattaro et al 2015] that excels with a high participation rate from complete families. From this population study, targeted (Biocrates p180) and LC-MS-based untargeted metabolomics data are available for 7,500 and 5,000 individuals, respectively. The Computational Metabolomics group focuses, besides contributing to the xcms and MSnbase Bioconductor packages for untargeted metabolomics and mass spectrometry data processing, on the analysis of these and other metabolomics data sets generated at the Institute. The successful candidate will perform metabolomics data analyses, contribute to software development and is expected to write scientific articles.
· Analyze large scale targeted and untargeted metabolomics data sets.
· Investigate metabolic profiles in relation to family structure within a population study-based data set.
· Identify metabolic profiles related to health, lifestyle and nutrition.
· Integration of metabolomics and genotype data.
· In silico annotation and identification of features identified by LC-MS experiments.
· Implement and extend software for the analysis of untargeted metabolomics data.
· Present results and/or software at international conferences.
· Write scientific articles.
· PhD or equivalent experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, metabolomics or a related field.
· Experience in the analysis of LC-MS-based metabolomics data sets.
· Proficient R-software usage. Software development skills are beneficial.
· Good communication skills; fluent in the English language.
· Team-working ability.
· A one-year full-time position with the possibility of extension.
· A collaborative work environment with multidisciplinary teams of experts form different fields of biomedical research.
· Access to cutting-edge data and computational resources.
· Attractive living and working conditions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, reference contacts and further relevant documents) within 31.12.2018 via Email to
stating "Researcher in Computational Metabolomics" as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 - 39100 Bolzano
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
Information about the Institute is available at:
For further information please contact Johannes Rainer (
and hereby authorize Eurac Research to use my personal data in accordance to EU Regulation No. 2016/679 and national legislation.' We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".
Eurac Research, Bolzano, Italy
powered by ElkArte 1.0.7
SimplePortal 1.0.0 Beta 1 © 2008-2014