Skip to main content
Topic: EMN Webinar 20th November 2019 (15:00 UTC) (Read 4093 times) previous topic - next topic

EMN Webinar 20th November 2019 (15:00 UTC)

Coming up 20th November 2019 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 PST, 10:00 EST, 16:00 CET)!

Metabolomics as a tool for elucidating plant growth regulation

Rising demand for food and fuels makes it crucial to develop breeding strategies for increasing crop yield/biomass. Plant biomass production is tightly associated with growth and relies on a tight regulation of a complex signaling network that integrates external and internal stimuli. The main goal of our group is to elucidate the processes underlying plant growth and production of biomass by combining physiology, metabolomics, and gene expression analyses. In my presentation, I will provide examples of i) how the evolutionary conserved Target of Rapamycin pathway fine-tunes metabolic homeostasis to promote biosynthetic growth in plants; ii) the potential of metabolite profiles to predict plant performance as biomarkers.

Click here to learn more about this latest webinar by Camila Caldana (PhD).

Please register for “Metabolomics as a tool for elucidating plant growth regulation," to be held on 20th November 2019 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 PST, 10:00 EST, 16:00 CET) at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5446228940397431052

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.

Brought to you by the EMN of the Metabolomics Society.