Skip to main content
Topic: MS-DIAL to MoNA Spectral Submission Interface (Read 4016 times) previous topic - next topic

MS-DIAL to MoNA Spectral Submission Interface

Hi Hiroshi,

I used to see that the "MS-DIAL to MoNA" spectral transfer button was ACTIVE previously. And I could submit some "matched and known spectra (confident hits against libraries) directly to MoNA. I understand that for Unknowns this might not be helpful etc. For known and confident matches this would help enrich MoNA esp. for EI-MS (HRMS) spectra among others.

This was SO convenient! : )

Second part of the question is that, with correct meta-data (i.e., origin from serum, or plants or microbes!) even unknowns as unknown (As tags) would be so useful in future annotations.

But a  specific reason why was it removed or in the future will be active?

Please see the attached picture!

Thanks again,
Biswa

Re: MS-DIAL to MoNA Spectral Submission Interface

Reply #1
Hi, I reactivated the method in today's update. However, I am not sure if this function works or not right now. Actually, I could not validate the function on my side because I did not have an account for MoNA. Although I tried to register in MoNA server, it gives me an error for making my account. I am now asking Gert and Diego of UC Davis, and they will provide their answers in new year, so please wait a bit.:D
Hiroshi

Reply #2
Hi Hiroshi,

Thank you for the update and the reactivation!
Yes, indeed I checked with the new MS-DIAL version 4.1 it's working and the option is activated.
Its so convenient to submit experimentally identified structures (knowns, unknowns, and now HREI-MS spectra) directly to MoNA!!

I do have an account with MoNA and see it works. : )

Thanks again,
Biswa

Reply #3
Hi Hiroshi,

I see that the export option (spectral submission from MS-DIAL to MoNA) initiates and then runs into errors. Its not working, as I can independently log in into MoNA DB but not through MS-DIAL interface (as it does not recognize ID/ password!). Please see the same 3 screenshots too.

I hope you had a chance yet to contact with Diego, Sajjan, Gert et al ?!!!?  ; )

Thanks again,
Biswa

Reply #4
Hi,

the mona export function is the only part that I do not write by myself. I will ask Diego for fixing the problem.

Hiroshi