Skip to main content
Topic: Question about MRMPROBES (Read 2381 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about MRMPROBES

Hello everyone,
I am new to MRMPROBES and I have something unclear. As I understand, it is a program designed for targeted quantification analysis, right? I have read the tutorial but didn't find something related to quantification settings, e.g. settings of calibration curves. Or maybe it is only designed to quantify the peak height/area of each metabolite but not concentrations? if so, what is the advantage to use it for DIA data rather than MSDIAL since MSDIAL calculates peak height/area of each metabolite already and we can simply use the area table exported from MSDIAL, no?

Any opinion is appreciated! And thanks in advance.

best,
Sukis

Re: Question about MRMPROBES

Reply #1
Hi,
it was created for targeted (MRM) analysis. You can run the statistics and quant in excel or use the implemented internal standard approach.
Scan or DIA mode allows you to dissect 'raw' data from the file. We use it for pseudoMRMs (parent > parent) and you can review all samples in parallel (similar to Skyline).
Best,
Ondrej

Reply #2
Many thanks, Ondrej.
Running quantification in excel means to analyze the calibration curves by MRMPROBES using the same settings, right?
Using it for pseudoMRM is a good idea!!!

best,
Sukis

Reply #3
Hi Sukis,

thanks for asking. The calculation method of metabolite concentration e.g. by using calibration curves is currently not supported in MRMPROBS. As Ondrej wrote, the program was originally designed for mrm. However, now it can be used for all data types. For example, in using DIA data, as Ondrej wrote, I am using MRMPROBS with the pseudoMRM (Precursor->Product) method to quantify metabolites by MS/MS chromatograms instead of MS1 chromatogram which MS-DIAL supports. I explained this idea in this article.
https://www.mdpi.com/2218-1989/9/6/119/htm

Thanks,

Hiroshi

Reply #4
Great!

Thanks a lot.