Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestion for "New Project" --> simplify creation of Sample List  (Read 3060 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion for "New Project" --> simplify creation of Sample List

Hi Hiroshi,

when creating a new project, in the "New Project Window", would it be possible to make it easier to define the type of samples?
i.e. the Class IDs and especially sample Type (currently scroll down menu, with options Sample, Standard, QC, Blank)
It is very tedious to have to set manually one by one, when we have hundred of samples. 

I would imagine two better options:
1) a "Fill down" option (similar to the one available for setting the alkane series dictionary path)
2) even better, the option to import the sample list from a user defined CSV file (strictly following the MS-DIAL format requirements)

If similar short-cuts are already available and I am missing them, please let me know :)
I did not find them in the pop-up tips, nor mentioned here: https://mtbinfo-team.github.io/mtbinfo.github.io/MS-DIAL/tutorial#section-2-2

Thank you again for your work and incredible support!

Stefano

Re: Suggestion for "New Project" --> simplify creation of Sample List

Reply #1
you can simply copy paste all the sample details (including sample type) from an excel spreadsheet  ;)

Reply #2
Thanks! I will try. I did try to just copy and paste from within the New Project Window, but that does not work

Reply #3
you can simply copy paste all the sample details (including sample type) from an excel spreadsheet  ;)

Alright, I tried now to copy and paste from Excel and indeed it works even for the "File Type" column (drop-down menu). Thanks! This is going to save a lot of time. Maybe you can add it as pop-up tip in that view to help other users in the future! :)