Skip to main content
Topic: MS DIAL - ABF CONVERTOR QUESTION (Read 3994 times) previous topic - next topic

MS DIAL - ABF CONVERTOR QUESTION

Hello. I would like to get more familiar with MS DIAL software. I have been working with Sciex software previously. However, I would like to explore more about MS DIAL software as well. To do so, I have two questions from you as follows.

•   Can I use MS DIAL software for analyzing the PFAS compounds focusing on non-target analysis?
•   I have raw data with .wiff format and I would like to convert them to abf format with abf convertor. But, I get the following error when I try to convert the files to abf. Do you have any thought on how can I get rid of this issue?

Re: MS DIAL - ABF CONVERTOR QUESTION

Reply #1
Hi,
I am also working with .wiff original data. If you wanna use ABF files, you should first convert your original data into mzML or mzXML format by using MSConvert (ProteoWizard). Thus, you can easily convert the mzML files into ABF.

Best regards,
Sabrina

Reply #2
Thanks Sabrina for your input.

Reply #3
Hi,

sorry, wiff2 format is not supported in ABF converter.
I personally will have a contract with SCIEX to directly import the wiff2 format file by MS-DIAL in future. Meanwhile, as Sabrina wrote, please use mzml converted by proteowizard. You can directly import the mzml file or, you can convert it to abf file.

See: http://prime.psc.riken.jp/compms/msdial/faq.html
Topic: Handling Wiff2 format from SCIEX 500R QTOF

Thanks,

Hiroshi