Skip to main content
Topic: MS-DIAL 4.38, MS-FINDER 3.46, MRMPROBS 2.60 released (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

MS-DIAL 4.38, MS-FINDER 3.46, MRMPROBS 2.60 released

Dear users of compms tools:

I found several fatal bugs in each program that I manage.
The details were written in my website.
http://prime.psc.riken.jp/compms/index.html

I hope that our compms tools facilitate your metabolomics/lipidomics data analyses!
All the best,

Hiroshi Tsugawa

Re: MS-DIAL 4.38, MS-FINDER 3.46, MRMPROBS 2.60 released

Reply #1
Dear Hiroshi San,

:) Many many congratulations and thanks to you for preparing newer versions of these nice tools and updating us!
  :)  ;D  :D

Loads of kudos to you for bringing such fantastic set of tools for the entire metabolomics research community in an open-source and free manner that has EXCELLENT documentation, you fix the bugs, allow great version control,  incorporate (most of) our requests, help troubleshoot our stupidest of concerns, and work hard to respond to all our queries here:))  8)  :-[

Just wanted to acknowledge your efforts and contribution to the field!!!   ;)  ;)  ;)

Thanks a lot,
Biswa  ;)

Reply #2
Agree with Biswa! And it is not only useful for the metabolomics community but also many other fields that use MS.

best,
Sukis

Reply #3
Yes - completely agree.
Thank you!
Elliott

Reply #4
Totally agree with Biswa!! It's a wonderfull job!!!!

Best

Sebas

Reply #5
Dear Hiroshi,
Not sure if on my side but I found MSDIAL 4.38 much slower compared to other versions.
Just wanted to report that in case this problem is also also seen for other users.
Best regards, carlos.

Reply #6
Hi pennoca,
From my side, I don't feel the slower issue for MSDIAL 4.38.

best,
Sukis

Reply #7
Dear all,

MSDIAL is running very slow after there has been a major update on systems here.

What are the requirements for running MSDIAL smoothly, for instances, Microsoft .NET frameworks version and everything else needed ?

Thank you for the feedback, Carlos.

Reply #8
Hi Carlos,

maybe, you are using the program for lipidomics study, right?
MS-DIAL lipidomics library becomes bigger and bigger, and therefore, the program currently requires a bit more computational cost.
However, I think, it's not "very slow"...Do you mean, the program becomes slower after there was windows OS update? or, at the current version of MS-DIAL? Which version of MS-DIAL is the best one for smoothly analyzing the data on your side?

Hiroshi