Skip to main content
Topic: Normalization to ISTD should deselect samples that do not contain ISTD (Read 2847 times) previous topic - next topic

Normalization to ISTD should deselect samples that do not contain ISTD

Dear all,

my questions might be annoying to the expert users but I still have a longer wish list for MS-DIAL  :D

These days I have realized that MS-DIAL does not remove samples from the statistics that lack the normalization STD. In my case I analyzed some solvent blanks which I treated as additional blanks (beside my process blanks). When I normalize to my internal STD almost all peaks are normalized, except for these blanks. This is a plausible behaviour but a further analysis of these (non-normalized) samples should be avoided, right?

What if MS-Dial deselects all samples that haven't been normalized properly for the further analysis?

Just an idea,

Stefan

Re: Normalization to ISTD should deselect samples that do not contain ISTD

Reply #1
Simply, please exclude your blank samples from
"Option" -> "File property setting".
Then, you can do further analysis without the samples, and you will be able to see the basic statistics like bar/box charts without those as well in MS-DIAL.
Thanks,

Hiroshi

Reply #2
Hi Hiroshi,

I know this option already. But I am wondering if this could be done automatically, since non-normalized samples mess up the statistics anyway (so they need to be deactivated). Another issue with those samples is the Normalization Plot (which I really like!!!), where those sample show up even after deselcting them from the "File property setting". See the big peaks in "Norm_plot_example.PNG".

Can you do something about this?

Cheers
Stefan

Reply #3
Done.:D
See you at the next update, and I will upload the new version in this weekend.
Thanks,

Hiroshi