Skip to main content
Topic: Problems with the alignment process (Read 3145 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with the alignment process

Hello, colleagues,

I´ve been having some problems with the alignment process in MS-DIAL. I´m only using one sample and it's blank file and some errors are occurring. I´m using minimum amplitude cut off as 1000, but even lowering its value the same error still occurs. I checked the MZml files of the sample and blank and the files aren´t destroyed, as they can be analyzed in other software. Does anybody else have these troubles? I also would like to know if there is a need to set some configuration in the windows 10 to MS-DIAL and MS-FINDER work well.

Thanks,

Vinícius

Re: Problems with the alignment process

Reply #1
Hi viniciusgw,
Sorry that I don't know what is your problem. Maybe you can try even a lower cut-off, for example, 100, just to see if the sample indeed does not contain peaks?
For the use of MS-DIAL and MS-FINDER in windows 10, I don't have to set anything with the English version Window 10 (version 2004).

best,
Sukis

Reply #2
Hello Sukis, thank you for your answer, I´ve tried to lower the minimum amplitude cut off but it but the problem continues. I think maybe its some problem with the converted files. I´m actually using MSConvert (ProteoWizard) to convert MS data acquired in an Orbitrap mass spectrometer equipment (Thermo Scientific), converting .RAW to MZml files. I will try to convert to ABF files and see if work.

Reply #3
Hi,

sorry for this late reply.
This will be due to the language issue in your PC.
Please try to use English OS.

Thanks,

Hiroshi

http://prime.psc.riken.jp/compms/msdial/faq.html
Compatibility issue of Windows OS. Identification will not be correctly performed in some language OS using comma as default decimal separator.
Recently, several users using a specific language OS (Denmark, France, Italy, etc) for MS-DIAL had the trouble where none of identification result is obtained by text file or msp file.
The reason was that several Windows OS use 'comma (,)' as the default decimal separator while the 'dot (.)' separator is used in msp format files.
MS-DIAL is written by C#, i.e. .NET framework, and therefore, the behavior is highly dependent on the environment of Microsoft .NET frameworks installed in the user's PC.
If you face on the similar issue, i.e. no identification result from MS-DIAL, please check your PC condition.
Definetly, English OS should be the best OS for the use of MS-DIAL (in addtion to MRMPROBS, MS-FINDER, and others).