Skip to main content
Topic: MS-FINDER search problems (compound annotation) (Read 2627 times) previous topic - next topic

MS-FINDER search problems (compound annotation)

Hello,

I processed the .abf files in MS-DIAL version 4.38 and exported the ion table to MSP files.  But when I try to perform the compound annotation (batch job) search in MS-FINDER version 3.46, an error message appears. I´ve attached images with the parameters setting and error warning. Does somebody has also experienced this in the analysis?

Thanks,

Vinícius

Re: MS-FINDER search problems (compound annotation)

Reply #1
Hi viniciusgw,
You can just select the feature in MS-DIAL, right-click, and then directly exported it to MS-FINDER. Or you can export all peaks to a folder (if I remember, they are in *.MAT format), and then open them in MS-FINDER. Both ways work fine.

Best, Sukis.

Reply #2
Thanks Sukis,

maybe, as I replied here (http://www.metabolomics-forum.com/index.php?topic=1586.0),
you should change the language setting to English.
The decimal character looks comma "," instead of period "." for m/z values in your screenshot, and the program cannot take care about this correctly.
Thanks,

Hiroshi

Reply #3
Thank you Hiroshi,

I changed the language to English and the MS-Finder worked very well, the problem was even with the decimal point of the comma. I would like to thank users for their help on other issues and say that MS-DIAL and MS-Finder are incredible software, congratulations on the development.

Vinícius G. Wakui