Skip to main content
Topic: Follow-up question (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found) (Read 2207 times) previous topic - next topic

Follow-up question (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found)

Dear Tsugawa-sensei and all,

This is a follow-up question about an earlier topic below (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found).
http://www.metabolomics-forum.com/index.php?topic=1493.msg4428#msg4428

I tried to analyze more than 300 mzML files and encountered the same error (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found).  Actually, (.pai2) and (.dcl) files were created for each mzML file, but no (.aef) and (.arf2) files were created.  I think this is a memory issue and thus, I need to lower the number of mzML files per analysis (maybe 50 per analysis) and join the alignmentResult files later on Excel or something.  My question is if there is any way to resume the analysis from (.pai2) and (.dcl) files on MS-DIAL to save time.  Or do I have to start from scratch (I mean, uploading mzML files)?  

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help and suggestion!

Sincerely,

Ken T

Re: Follow-up question (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found)

Reply #1
Hi Ken,

sorry, maybe, there is no way to do it. If you can write the source code, maybe, you can write the code to do it. Otherwise, the simple way is to buy a workstation overcoming the memory issue.

Hiroshi

Re: Follow-up question (Error in JointAligner, alignment file not found)

Reply #2
Dear Hiroshi,

Thank you so much for your reply.  Actually I splitted the samples into small groups (say, less than 100 files per MS-DIAL analysis) and managed to run them.  Now the issue is how to combine these aligned data together...

Sincerely,

Ken