Skip to main content
Topic: MSDial crashes after processing files and after opening alignment navigator (Read 319 times) previous topic - next topic

MSDial crashes after processing files and after opening alignment navigator

When I start a new project, after dragging the .D files, setting it to 'use retention time' setting, and selecting my msp file,  I click 'finish'.

At first, the program says "not responding" for several minutes before the progress bar pops up. Once the files are fully processed, the peak spot viewer opens up for a second before MS-Dial subsequently crashes.

When I open the project back up after restarting MS-Dial, the peak spot viewer works normally, but when I attempt to open alignment navigator, the program crashes again.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? How can this be resolved? 

Thank you.

Re: MSDial crashes after processing files and after opening alignment navigator

Reply #1
Sorry, I do not have the experience. Please send your .d file to me via e.g. wetransfer.
Or, is it the same case when you use abf format?

Hiroshi

Re: MSDial crashes after processing files and after opening alignment navigator

Reply #2
I have a similar issue, but for me it crashes before ever showing the peak spot viewer.

This only seems to happen when using GC-MS data, and only when loading 10 or more files. I can load and process up to 9 files successfully, but it reliably crashes when loading 10 or more. It doesn't seem to matter what parameters are used or whether any libraries are searched, etc. This is the case with either .mzML or .D files.

I can load at least 20 LC-MSMS files though (and presumably more, but I haven't checked), so maybe the problem is specific to GC-MS processing? What type of data are you using?

James