Skip to main content
Topic: Injection volume and Y variable (Read 2601 times) previous topic - next topic

Injection volume and Y variable

Hello,
I am a new user of the MS-DIAL software. Congratulations for the development of this software. It is very easy to use and very powerful.
I have 2 questions which I did not find the answer to on the forum or in the help:
  - what is the "injection volume (µl)" column for in the "importing ABF files" or "option / File property setting" table? This volume is not taken into account in the various height / peak area calculations. Do you have more information?
- in the same idea, what is the "Y variable" column for in "option / File property setting" used for?

Thank you in advance for your answers and again well done for all this work.

Re: Injection volume and Y variable

Reply #1
Hi,

currently, there is no meaning of injection volume (in the previous version, it was used for calculation of lipid-semi quantitative values).
For Y variable, if you do PLS or OPLS for the discriminant/regression analysis in MS-DIAL, the information is required.

Hiroshi

Re: Injection volume and Y variable

Reply #2
Hi,

currently, there is no meaning of injection volume (in the previous version, it was used for calculation of lipid-semi quantitative values).
For Y variable, if you do PLS or OPLS for the discriminant/regression analysis in MS-DIAL, the information is required.

Hiroshi

I am trying to do PLSDA, but I am unsure what I am supposed to put into Y-variable. Any help or direction towards literature please?