Skip to main content
Topic: FBMN analysis failure and metadata file not exporting from MS-DIAL (Read 2825 times) previous topic - next topic

FBMN analysis failure and metadata file not exporting from MS-DIAL

I have run the LC-MS/MS for serum samples, I used MS-Dial and MS Finder to identify the metabolites and tried for FBMN analysis which is always resulting with the below failed message

FAILED
[Clone] [Clone to Latest Version]
[Restart][Delete]
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/data/ccms-gnps/tools/feature-based-molecular-networking/release_28.2/scripts/filter_spectra.py", line 29, in <module> max_scan = max(included_scans) ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence Tool execution terminates abnormally with exit code [1]

What should be modified and how to get the metadata file and successfully run the FBMN and my MS Finder also didnt map the metabolites, could someone help me regarding this

Thank you.
Warm regards,
Sisu

Re: FBMN analysis failure and metadata file not exporting from MS-DIAL

Reply #1
I have run the LC-MS/MS for serum samples, I used MS-Dial and MS Finder to identify the metabolites and tried for FBMN analysis which is always resulting with the below failed message

FAILED
[Clone] [Clone to Latest Version]
[Restart][Delete]
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/data/ccms-gnps/tools/feature-based-molecular-networking/release_28.2/scripts/filter_spectra.py", line 29, in <module> max_scan = max(included_scans) ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence Tool execution terminates abnormally with exit code [1]

What should be modified and how to get the metadata file and successfully run the FBMN and my MS Finder also didnt map the metabolites, could someone help me regarding this

Thank you.
I also want to add another information, my mgf file size is resulting as just 0 KB.
Warm regards,
Sisu

Re: FBMN analysis failure and metadata file not exporting from MS-DIAL

Reply #2
Hi Sisu, I believe the MS-DIAL results parser for GNPS was written for output from MS-DIAL v3. The export format changed for MS-DIAL v4 so GNPS can't parse it correctly. I have raised the issue with the developers.
https://twitter.com/drchrispook/status/1478503552846741504
Regards,
Chris