Skip to main content
Topic: MS-DIAL for macbook with M1 chip (Read 2948 times) previous topic - next topic

MS-DIAL for macbook with M1 chip

Hello everyone,

I want to install MS-DIAL for my LC-MS analysis in my personal laptop. My laptop is a normal macbook but with M1chip. So I don't know if that's the reason why I failed but I downloaded the MS-DIAL installation packedge for Mac OS x64. But then after I extract the documents I just got so a folder which I couldn't continue.

Does anybody have the same issue as me, any help would be super helpful and appreciated.

Xiaohan

Re: MS-DIAL for macbook with M1 chip

Reply #1
Dear Xiaohan

first of all, the GUI application of ms-dial is only available at Windows OS. The command line version is available at linux and mac. If you wanna use this as the command line application, please see below chats. (I attached the e-mail communication with a user)

Hiroshi

--------------
Dear XXX,

Sorry for the late reply.

I did not get the same error in our environment, but I think the problem is probably the lack of a certificate.
The default macOS settings do not let you run applications without a certificate.

After discussing the issue, it was decided not to add a certificate, at least for a while. So we apologize for the inconvenience, but you will need to change your security settings if you want to use MSDIAL on macOS.

Please see this apple support page and try to change the settings. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491) 
If this does not work, run the following command from Terminal.
>> sudo spctl --master-disable
Then, set the Security & Privacy, "Allow apps downloaded from" item in the System preference to "Anywhere".
You should now be able to run MSDIAL.

To restore the original settings, issue the following command.
>> sudo spctl --master-enable

If you still cannot run it, there is a problem other than the certificate. If this is the case, please contact us.

Thank you,
YYY

Dear YYY,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I tried to follow the tutorial and used the command you gave me, but there was another error that said libcoreclr.dylib is not valid. The full message that appeared in the command is as follow:

~MacBook-Pro MSDIAL ver.4.70 MacOS % ./MsdialConsoleApp

Failed to load a, error: dlopen(/Users/~/Downloads/MSDIAL ver.4.70 MacOS/libcoreclr.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Users/~/Downloads/MSDIAL ver.4.70 MacOS/libcoreclr.dylib: code signature in (/Users/~/Downloads/MSDIAL ver.4.70 MacOS/libcoreclr.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy
Failed to bind to CoreCLR at '/Users/~/Downloads/MSDIAL ver.4.70 MacOS/'
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80008088

I would appreciate it if you would let me know how to solve this.

Best,

XXX