Skip to main content
Topic: mzML format  (Read 2339 times) previous topic - next topic

mzML format

Hi,
I am new to the site and had a question regarding the data format of mzML files.
Currently our pipeline uses an older version of XCMS raw function to process mzML files (link to code is written below).
However, I have some issues trying to process mzML files generated by via the writeMSData function of the mzR package (pwiz backened) with our current pipeline leading to the following error:
--> error:
Error in validObject(.Object) :
  invalid class “rampSource” object: Could not open mzML/mzXML/mzData file:

The mzML file generated in this manner differs from the ones we normally process as it additionally contains the:
<cvParam cvRef="MS" accession="MS:1000810" value="" name="ion current chromatogram" /> (full file content is shown below)

My question:
Is there a way to convert the format of mzML files and could you give me some information to what these different formats relate to?  Why is the format different between pwiz backened with mzR and a mzML file generated  using the thermo raw file parser?

<fileContent>
        <cvParam cvRef="MS" accession="MS:1000579" value="" name="MS1 spectrum" />
        <cvParam cvRef="MS" accession="MS:1000580" value="" name="MSn spectrum" />
        <cvParam cvRef="MS" accession="MS:1000810" value="" name="ion current chromatogram" />

https://github.com/UMCUGenetics/DIMS/blob/master/pipeline/scripts/1-generateBreaksFwhm.HPC.R

invalid class “rampSource” object: Could not open mzML/mzXML/mzData file

Thank you,
Nils