Skip to main content
Topic: MS-DIAL crashes loading project with windows 11? (Read 2838 times) previous topic - next topic

MS-DIAL crashes loading project with windows 11?

Hello community

I am having problems to even load a project with all versions in new my windows 11 laptop, as soon as I try to load the project, the MSDIAL closes itself. Does anybody know if it a problem for the windows version? I have tried with the last 4 versions and it does not work.

thanks for any commentary.

Re: MS-DIAL crashes loading project with windows 11?

Reply #1
This also happened to me today when trying to run MSDIAL for the first time on a Windows 10 computer.
However, I was able to use the same MSDIAL version on a different computer. I don't know if this matters, but I had already used an older version of MSDIAL in this second computer.

Reply #2
I had been using an older version 4.8 in a windows 10 but I have changed of computer with windows 11 and I does not work. I have tried in 2 different computers with windows 10 with older versions. ALL the same, it crashes as soon as I try to open a project or load o create one! I do not know what is the difference, antivirus? another program to install? Frustrating!

Reply #3
I usually have this issue after the Windows updates. To solve this try to
- delete and re-extract MS-DIAL
- change the language of the system (it must be English)
- run the program as administrator
Some of this should help

Reply #4
I'm trying to use MS-DIAL for the first time, and I'm having the same problem: the program crashes upon loading a project (while displaying "Loading library files". Tried with two different Windows 10 computers, with language set to English, and also as admin, as already suggested here. Nothing seems to work :/

Reply #5
Changing the computer's languate to English has solved the issue. Thank you for the suggestion.

Reply #6
Thank you all for the help! Senko, changing the language solved the problem for me too. Thanks again!