Skip to main content
Topic: Export of normalization results aborted - why? (Read 2220 times) previous topic - next topic

Export of normalization results aborted - why?

Hi,

I would like to report some issues with respect to the export of normalization results.

Following data processing with MS-Dial (4.80) I performed LOWESS normalization. For the data set measured in negative polarity everything works fine, and I was able to export the normalization PDF without problems. And the plots in the PDF were okay. For the positive data set I used the same procedure but finally a problem occurred during plotting/export. The process needs a lot of time. At the end it crashed, and MS-Dial was closed immediately. I repeated this several times but without success.

I wonder what the problem might be, because for negative dataset it worked. The size of both datasets and the respective file sequences were equal. The only difference was the number of ´Ref. matched´ features (pos: 2867 vs. neg: 839).
The PC I used for data processing was also quite powerful (iCore i9, 12 cores, 128 RAM, Win10, 64 bit, engl.), and the utilized working memory was approx. 20% as the process aborted.

As we planned to use the normalization function for future studies, it would be nice, if some someone could help me with this issue.

Thanks for your support!

Best regards
FalcoB

Re: Export of normalization results aborted - why?

Reply #1
Hi,

is there someone from the community or MS-Dial team who was confronted with that issue, too, and could give some advice?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Best regards
FalcoB