Skip to main content
Topic: ms dial library problem (Read 2343 times) previous topic - next topic

ms dial library problem

Hello, I recently installed MSDial to interpret the chromatographic profile of phenolic extracts from fruit samples. However, on my notebook, I can't buy MS2 spectrum with msdial library. It appears as follows:

I downloaded the library for compounds in negative mode and inserted it as recommended by the tutorial. Also installed MSFinder. However, when I click to search in MS Finder the program closes.
I can check all peaks, but it is impossible to compare with the libraries.
My version is Windows 11 Home Single Language - 21H2.

Re: ms dial library problem

Reply #1
Hello, I recently installed MSDial to interpret the chromatographic profile of phenolic extracts from fruit samples. However, on my notebook, I can't buy MS2 spectrum with msdial library. It appears as follows:

I downloaded the library for compounds in negative mode and inserted it as recommended by the tutorial. Also installed MSFinder. However, when I click to search in MS Finder the program closes.
I can check all peaks, but it is impossible to compare with the libraries.
My version is Windows 11 Home Single Language - 21H2.

I face the same issue, perhaps better to use MSDial version 4.9 or higher, but not 5. However, for me even loading libraries in MSFinder does not help as I get no annotations or IDs. Sometimes clicking MSFinder from MSDial crashes them both.