Skip to main content
Topic: How to do multiple regression or PCA in MS Dial?  (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

How to do multiple regression or PCA in MS Dial?

I am trying to do PCA to find out what compounds are in higher concentrations in one group compared to others and leads to separation.

Regards,
Manish

Re: How to do multiple regression or PCA in MS Dial?

Reply #1
PLS-DA may be better for this since it is supervised. Anyway, this can be done by assigning Class ID ['option' tab in toolbar],
 normalizing (must assign class first; I prefer LOWESS + an internal standard)[data visualization tab], then doing stats in the tool that is also under the data visualization tab (can't remember name off the top of my head).

Take care,
Triston

Re: How to do multiple regression or PCA in MS Dial?

Reply #2
PLS-DA may be better for this since it is supervised. Anyway, this can be done by assigning Class ID ['option' tab in toolbar],
 normalizing (must assign class first; I prefer LOWESS + an internal standard)[data visualization tab], then doing stats in the tool that is also under the data visualization tab (can't remember name off the top of my head).

Take care,
Triston

Great tip, what I struggle to understand is for PLS-DA it requires a y-variable to be defined, would you know how that's done?