Skip to main content
Topic: Impossible to import GCMS file (Hard Ionisation) [MSDial 5.1.230222] (Read 2623 times) previous topic - next topic

Impossible to import GCMS file (Hard Ionisation) [MSDial 5.1.230222]

Dear developer,

Thanks for your great tool :)
I would like to use the last version (5.1.230222), for change my old v3.12.

Problem : i cant change the ionization type at "Hard ionization (GC/MS)".
My file come from Agilent equipment, and translate in ABF.

How i can change my option ?
Thanks for your help,

regards

Re: Impossible to import GCMS file (Hard Ionisation) [MSDial 5.1.230222]

Reply #1
Hey all,

I have the same/similar problem that I cannot select the 'hard ionisation' for GC-MS.
I have data in from a GC-quadrupole QToF (Agilent Technologies) machine. The data was in the .D format and I converted it to .abf with the Reifycs file converter (default conversion settings).
I tried the MS-Dial version 5.1.230222 as well.

Should I have changed something in the conversion settings? Or change something in MS-Dial?

Thanks for the help!
-M

Reply #2
I was just told by someone, that the newest version of Ms-Dial doesn't have the 'hard ionisation' option yet. So, you need to use the older version (4.9.221218; still available for download on the website). And indeed, it works now for me.
Cheers,
-M

Reply #3
I was just told by someone, that the newest version of Ms-Dial doesn't have the 'hard ionisation' option yet. So, you need to use the older version (4.9.221218; still available for download on the website). And indeed, it works now for me.
Cheers,
-M

Yes, Hiroshi has confirmed to me too that v5.x does not yet have the GC module enabled. They are working on it and will get it up and running in the near future - for now you can use v4.9x of MSDIAL to process GCMS-data.