Skip to main content
Topic: Error: "The aligned EIC file (new_lib.EIC.aef) cannot be found." (Read 3100 times) previous topic - next topic

Error: "The aligned EIC file (new_lib.EIC.aef) cannot be found."

Dear Metabolomics Community,

I urgently need to solve the Problem connected to the following error message. Does anyone knows the reason for this error?

"The aligned EIC file (new_lib.EIC.aef) cannot be found...."

Please have a look to the screenshot.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: Error: "The aligned EIC file (new_lib.EIC.aef) cannot be found."

Reply #1
In the meantime I could identify the origin of my problem. This error occured because one sample was not analysed properly. I have inspected the sample manually and I could not detect problems in the measurement. But MS-DIAL assigned negative peak areas to some of the peaks and this is where I recognized the cause of error.

To avoid this error you need to restart the analysis from scratch without the sample. If you deselect the problematic sample from the file property setting the error remains active. So MS-DIAL always takes the full dataset for alignment. Samples which are excluded from the file property setting are just removed from the display (PCA, Boxplots, etc...)

Cheers,
Stefan

Reply #2
Hi Stefan,

you are absolutely right. Thank you for this clarification!

Hiroshi

Reply #3
For me this error was caused by a symbol in one of the file names. After changing the name there were no problems (and I could keep that sample data).

Reply #4
Hi, I continuously have this problem("The aligned EIC file cannot be found") recently. I tried to reprocess with both Rawdata and ABF files. I do not have any symbal in my sample names, exept "_" . Can someone give me some tips how to figure the error out? Thanks in advance!