Skip to main content
Topic: Lipidomics MSP file can't be uploaded (lipid database setting poped up instead) (Read 2702 times) previous topic - next topic

Lipidomics MSP file can't be uploaded (lipid database setting poped up instead)

Hello,

I just started a lipidomics project. When setting up the analysis parameter setting, I tried to insert/upload the MSP database in the Identification tab. However, it did not browse to the location of my MSP data, instead, the lipid database setting popped up.

Previously I was working with the metabolomics and had no problem inserting the MSP data during that time. Is there any setting that I mislook?

Attached are the screenshots of my problem. First is the Identification tab, and second is the lipid database setting.

I appreciate your assistance!

Edit: I'm using MS DIAL 4.9.221218

Re: Lipidomics MSP file can't be uploaded (lipid database setting poped up instead)

Reply #1
Hello,

Well, the way lipidomics workflow on MSDIAL is built is that "lipidomics spectral DB" is "inbuilt" and one can not upload external or additional libraries for spectral searches.

if you really have your own and very enriched .msp for lipids, then start as "metabolomics" in the  1st window, and then use the lipidomics .msp as reference spectral library for searching.

This should work for you!

Thanks,
Biswa

Re: Lipidomics MSP file can't be uploaded (lipid database setting poped up instead)

Reply #2
Dear Biswa,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

You really helped me to understand the principle of MS-DIAL to analyse lipidomics data.

Now I understand and will proceed with the next step.