Skip to main content
Topic: MS Dial v5 keeps crashing + Mass normalization (Read 2732 times) previous topic - next topic

MS Dial v5 keeps crashing + Mass normalization

Hi all,

#1 I'm wondering if there is a solution to the newest version of MS Dial (v5) crashing? Soon after I press "Run", the software closes with no warning or error message. Also- I've updated to the newest pre-released version AND tried another user's solution to add msp files for IDs after running the initial search. When I try this, everything works fine but then the program crashes again once the msp files are uploaded. :( Is this an issue with too large of libraries or too many samples?

#2 I've started using v4.9 and am wondering if there is a scalar to normalize by sample mass? I originally was using the newest version's analytical factor column.

Thanks,
Mallory

Re: MS Dial v5 keeps crashing + Mass normalization

Reply #1
Hello,

1. MS Dial (v5) is still unstable and I would not recommend using it as many things can cause it to crash. Better use stabled 4.9 versions as I see.you have started using!: )

2. In the 4.9 version, just use the "sample mass scaled to 1" and add to the "injection volume (1 uL) column" by adding different values scaled to whatever numbers they are. Should factor in as well.

Hope this helps.
Biswa