Skip to main content
Topic: how to pick peaks on a selected RT range ? (Read 5682 times) previous topic - next topic

how to pick peaks on a selected RT range ?

Hi to all,

I would like to know if there is a method to pick peaks only on a selected RT range with xcms.
for example on LC-MS data for a specific study, only ions eluted between the beginning of the chromatography and about 12 minutes (~720 sec) are relevant for me while retention times go until 20 minutes.
is there an particular option to do that ? something like the "scanrange" option of the centwave method but that could work on matchedFilter as well as on centwave ?

thanks for your help.

Re: how to pick peaks on a selected RT range ?

Reply #1
Thanks to the mzR interface, XCMS now also supports the scanrange parameter for xcmsRaw() and xcmsSet().

Reply #2
thank you for your reply Ralf.
I think I need to upgrade to the last version of xcms but my question was about selecting an RT range. Is it also possible on xcmsSet ?
I will try after upgrading.

thanks

Reply #3
Until now only the scanrange can be used, so you need to convert.
If you want to check the selected scanrange you can access the scan times with:
Code: [Select]
#get scan time for scanrange = c(100,150)
xr <- xcmsRaw(filename)
xr@scantime[c(100,150)]

Reply #4
thanks Carsten.
On a single file it is quite easy to select time range but using xcmsSet to upload multiple files it seems to be more difficult : I don't have the "scanrange" item but the "rt" one divided on several sub-items corresponding to each chromatogram.
I was used to handle S3 object on R and S4 ones are a bit more difficults to manipulate.