Skip to main content
Topic: Data presented in tsv of diffreport (Read 4315 times) previous topic - next topic

Data presented in tsv of diffreport

Hi,
just a question about the peaks that will be presented in the tsv generated by the diffreport. I am comparing two groups (each having 3 samples). When I manually checked for the presence of a specific peak in one of the groups, I found it to be present in all samples of this group. Also the peak shape looked ok: peakwidth approximately 15 seconds and the retention time deviation between the samples was max 10 sec (determined at the apex of the peak). It's not a very abundant peak but clearly present (>10 scans, intensity > 1000 cpm). This is the script I used:

xset<-xcmsSet(method="centWave", ppm=2.5, peakwidth=c(10,90), snthresh=25,mzdiff=0.01,prefilter=c(3,1000))
xset<-group(xset, bw=10, mzwid=0.015,minfrac=0.5,minsamp=1)
xset2<-retcor(xset,method="obiwarp",profStep=0.1)
xset2<-group(xset2, bw=5, mzwid=0.015,minfrac=0.5,minsamp=1)
xset3<-fillPeaks(xset2)

Although the difference between the two groups was not statistically significant for this peak, I was expecting to find it at least back in the results.tsv file. Or am I wrong here?

Koen

p.s. I know that the peakwidth preferably should be something like c(15,90), but this also did not work out for this peak.

Re: Data presented in tsv of diffreport

Reply #1
Yes, the diffreport contains all features, not just the dysregulated ones.