Skip to main content
Topic: time series experiment (Read 3753 times) previous topic - next topic

time series experiment

I have acquired data of pathogen inoculated susceptible and resistant cell-lines along with their controls (mock inoculated) at each time point. I have time points of 2 hr, 4hr, 8 hrs, 16 hr. I request you to let me know how to group the data.
I have tried following approach, please let me know whether I am correct or not?
First I have made a folder control and infected, within these folder I have made a subfolder of 2 hrs, 4hr, 8hr and 12 hr.

Re: time series experiment

Reply #1
yashwant,

It depends on what you want  in some ways. Really the main thing here is if you use the density grouping method with the minFrac at 50% you will lose some peaks. I would think that setting up the groups by time points would be fine. I have in the past also just put everything into class folders and then separated everything out afterwards. This way I have the t-test for the classes. It can be helpful to tell me if something didn't change particularly through time but rather just between classes.

Just reread your question. :) If I remember correctly you're going to have some problems with retention time alignment if you use subfolders.

Does that all make sense. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Paul
~~
H. Paul Benton
Scripps Research Institute
If you have an error with XCMS Online please send me the JOBID and submit an error via the XCMS Online contact page