Skip to main content
Topic: Storage Quota problem? (Read 3935 times) previous topic - next topic

Storage Quota problem?

Hi there,

I'm having problems submitting a job.  When I press Submit, I get an error message, "Please correct errors or contact system administrator to proceed".

I think the problem might be that my datasets are quite big - around 100 files each.  I am over my storage quota, and have a message to say that Uploads are disabled.  Does this mean that I'm also unable to submit a job?  Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm using Firefox 12.0 on Windows 7.  My files are .raw GC/MS files from a Perkin Elmer instrument, which I've converted to .mzXML files.  I've run successful jobs in the past using these file types and the same parameters.  Job number is 1002395, although it hasn't actually run.

Any advice welcome!
K.

Re: Storage Quota problem?

Reply #1
The error message you receive is generic until we can provide more specific feedback about job submission errors.  That said, you are correct in that exceeding your storage quota will prevent a job from submitting.  Currently there are "soft quotas" you can exceed during an upload (assuming you were below quota prior to starting the upload) but there is another quota check prior to job submission.  That is where your job certainly failed.  You will need more storage space in order to proceed.

To remedy the situation you can delete datasets (make sure you have the original) and/or job results (you can download the zip file with all results, including images AND export the result table if you added annotations to features) and then submit the job.  If this scenario is still not workable because of the aggregate size of the samples you would need to do one of the following:

-process on-site with XCMS (distributed through http://www.bioconductor.org/)
-request more space for your account (see contact form on XCMS Online)
-purchase XCMS Server (send e-mail to xcmsserver@gmail.com for more information)

Duane

Re: Storage Quota problem?

Reply #2
Dear Duane,

Thanks for your advice.  I had already removed all other datasets and results, so there's no room for extra space.  I wondered if there was any way of making my file sizes smaller?  Currently I have 2 datasets, each with about 100 GC/MS chromatograms, and they're both a little over 1GB each.  Do you know of any conversions I can do to get smaller file sizes?  Or is 100 files an unusually large dataset?

I've put in a request for extra storage through the contact page, and have also completed the user survey.  I also wanted to ask about your other suggestion, do I need to pay for XCMS through Bioconductor?

Best,
Katherine.