Skip to main content
Topic: problem with uploading .netcdf files on xcms online server (Read 5409 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with uploading .netcdf files on xcms online server

i Have been trying to upload mass spec files on the various datasets. the 1st upload step of selecting the  appropriate files through the java ewb application is fine, however i have an issue with the second step where by the upload is not going to completion with the window closing. when i check on the stored dataset, the files have been assigned an identity number however they are missing. whats the way  forward.

Re: problem with uploading .netcdf files on xcms online serv

Reply #1
Hello,

Only after the file upload is complete, the window closes and if any dataset name is not specified,  any identity number is most probably being assigned. However the files should be available even if with the new identity number. Have you checked if assigning new dataset name and uploading the file helps or is the problem resolved now ?

Aleena

Re: problem with uploading .netcdf files on xcms online serv

Reply #2
Hi
I am a similar problem.

In Internet explorer I can get to the upload page (having re-installed Java). The files are checked, then appear to upload. The page does not close! The 'stored datasets' page says uploading - but has not completed overnight!

I cant get to the upload page in Chrome, at all. It does not direct me to Java.

Old datasets can be seen and can be processed (used for analysis) - but only by opening in Chrome! The second problem is when I try to run jobs in IE, it wont retrieve the dataset! "Grids cannot be used in this (Quirk) mode!

PLEASE HELP!