Skip to main content
Topic: Problems uploading data, Windows 7 (Read 3985 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems uploading data, Windows 7

I am trying to upload mzXML files into XCMS online.  The Java uploader, as noted on the XCMS website doesn't work with Mac.  My alternative is a laptop running Windows 7-  a sad reality as that is required to run MassLynx and TargetLynx in which I process my MS data.  I began 'uploading' some files yesterday morning.  The files are ~4.5Gb.  According to the manual, the animated bar underneath the files indicates they are compressing, but they've been compressing for 24 hours now. The 'Upload' button is not active yet.  I have looked through the old posts here, and it looks like Windows 7 and compatible Java versions were a problem, but it sounded like it was a problem being worked on.  Does anyone know if XCMS online is still incompatible with Windows 7?  Are there any work arounds for the java uploader?  Thanks!

Re: Problems uploading data, Windows 7

Reply #1
Dear Laura,

I am also unable to upload mzXML files using Windows 7. I tried to contact XCMS online via the submission form but apparently it is not working.
Has anybody been able to solve this?

Regards,
João Sá

Re: Problems uploading data, Windows 7

Reply #2
Dear Laura/JoaSa,

I have faced problems uploading data on to windows 7 before...but you can upload data onto XCMS online on Windows 7. Try the following as troubleshooting if you haven't already

1. Try uploading data under HMTL5 settings rather Java mode...I have personally find it easy/quick to upload on HTML5
2. There are some sort of security connections around internet at work ( in my case, Uni ) which doesn't allow to access the data onto XCMS platform. I have successfully uploaded using my home network during the same time!
3. Make sure the files are in the specified format.
4. As Laura mentioned, XCMS online seems to be evolving on a regular basis in addressing the bugs..and may be worth trying it now and then to see if the problem is addressed

Good luck,
Seshu.