Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome to the Data Analysis Interest Group forum (Read 11006 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome to the Data Analysis Interest Group forum

Thank you for visiting this group! This is THE place on the web to discuss data analysis issues relevant for metabolomics. Do you need to find a suitable program for data preprocessing? Are you struggling to find the most suitable data analysis method to answer your experimental question? Any other question regarding number-crunching your metabolomics data?
On the other hand: maybe you invented or found a data analysis method that you think will bring many metabolomics researchers further! In all cases: Do not hesitate to post!

Reply #1
Great to see this interest group come to life Jeroen. This could be an amazingly helpful resource for the many new scientists coming into the field of metabolomics.

Reply #2
It is nice to come across this really great forum for exchanging ideas or sharing various kinds of data analysis resources on metabolomics.

Reply #3
Hi! I\'m new in metabolomics and I\'m struggling to understand the correct scaling method I should use to answer the correct question. Any advise about where to find information? May be a chapter book...Thanks

Reply #4
Platform independent mass spec processing tools?

I\'m looking into platform-independent software and database tools for processing raw mass spec data, both MS and MS/MS, acquired for metabolomics applications.  I\'ve looked at XCMS, but are there any others out there you could recommend?

Reply #5
mMass (http://www.mmass.org/) is a good tool to start with in case you are not aware.

We have developed a platform independent tool in house for targeted analysis and use it for our metabolite quantitation using HRMS data files. I would be glad to share it (especially with anyone else who might be interested in testing it out). Email me: v.panchagnula ncl.res.in. Must warn though that it is yet to be tested outside our group.

Venkat Panchagnula

Quote from: scb7589
Platform independent mass spec processing tools?

I\'m looking into platform-independent software and database tools for processing raw mass spec data, both MS and MS/MS, acquired for metabolomics applications.  I\'ve looked at XCMS, but are there any others out there you could recommend?

Reply #6
Nice to meet you, all...
I\'m new, too for metabolomics research based on GC/MS and LC/MS. I try to self-learning, but not completely understand. My problem may the same with some researchers here, which is data analysis. I have no idea after obtaining chromatogram....Hopefully, I will get a good answer from this forum...